This is the recipe that started ILikeYouLook! This video idea actually started because after years of telling my family step by step how to make this pie for the holidays, I figured that it was time to show them really quickly in a video form. So for fun, my daughter and I filmed this, edited it and uploaded it to my personal Facebook account. Just on a whim, my daughter uploaded it to YouTube and we forgot about it. This was 7 years ago! And the rest is history!
Check out this FAQ video to hear the full story! For a step by step video on how to make this pie for yourself check out the video below!
Notes: 2 pies = 5-6 medium sized sweet potatoes
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut, and peel 5-6 medium sized sweet potatoes
- Boil until fork tender (estimated boil time? )
- Strain water off and put potatoes in a bowl to the side
- Beat 3 large eggs in a bowl until they get fluffy
- Take sweet potato and add 1 stick of butter
- Pour 3 large eggs into bowl with sweet potatoes mixture
- Add 2 cups of white granulated sugar to sweet potato mixture and mix together
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to sweet potato mixture
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add 1 tablespoon of nutmeg
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking flour
Mix well together
- Add sweet potato filling to your pie crusts
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until pies are golden brown
Serve and enjoy! If you happen to give this dish a try, please leave me a comment below and let me know!